Thursday, November 25, 2010

3,2,1!

Dear Madonna,

One more sleep until we head to the Open.  The Meat, Summer, and I will be driving down to  Phoenix tonight and stay at Helen's condo before our morning flight to Burbank, and then everything will start happening pretty quickly.

We have a mandatory competitors' meeting at 2:00 p.m. - which I suppose will be huge, as there's only one such meeting scheduled the entire weekend.  Opening ceremonies are at 7:00 p.m., with participants staging at 6:30 p.m.  The Meat thinks I'll be able to do my Canadian flag bearing duties, plant the flag, and double back to walk in with all the Masters Competitors.  He's also marching in twice, both as a competitor and a sponsor to of the Young American division.

Speaking of which, have I told you about the new man in my life? His name is Chase. He and his partner, Anika are also dancing at the US Open for the first time. We social danced a bit at the studio after one of their practices this week and we both fell madly in love.



My gal Tina did my hair yesterday - she uses these huge rollers and sticks me under the dryer to straighten it, and I scored five pairs of false eyelashes for a dollar a pair at Target, so with Dana's help I should be able to make myself stage-worthy on Saturday. We'll actually be performing twice: Semis at 11:00 a.m. and Finals at 7:00 p.m. 

I'm just worried about getting the Meat up for our floor trials at 6:30 a.m.  He is *not* a morning person.

No comments: