Monday, November 15, 2010

True Patriot Love


Dear Madonna,

I'm going to be the official Canadian flag carrier at the opening ceremonies at the US Open!  Wow....it's kinda like the Olympics!!

The call for volunteers came out last week and I thought I should check with Myles and Tessa - but they've carried the Maple Leaf several times so are okay with letting me do the honours.

Apparently there's a parade of competitors, with all the American States lined up, and then the countries.  Carriers are to keep the flag rolled up until the competitors' march is completed. Robert Royston will announce the American states in alphabetical order, and then the countries repesented. Each carrier will is to go to the front edge of the floor in turn, present their flag, and "Feel free to move and wave your flag."

Oh, I will, baby...I will.

No comments: