Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mea Culpa


Dear Madonna,

Please accept my apologies for not writing sooner to congratulate you on your recent induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! I don't care what anyone says, you look hot! Why shouldn't you wear a dress that shows off your thighs? Yeesh...people are just so mean. And all that talk about the 'work' you've had done. Nill Illigitimi Carborundum, is all I can say.

Well, registrations have started coming in already for JulieFest, and people are booking Private lessons with Mike. We're really only two months away, and I haven't heard from you yet so I'm a little worried you might not be able to make it. If it's just that you're still trying to get out of some other commitments, I understand. Please feel free just to show up.

Mike's given me the names/descriptions for the three workshops he's going to be teaching on Sunday, May 18th at The Gladstone Hotel. In fact they're names of Dear Johns songs:
  • Train Kept A-Rollin: How to stay on track but get some really steam and momentum built up

  • A Little More Time: Extending patterns, extending with groove

  • She's got the Rythym: ....and he does too; fun, alternative rhythms you can put in your butt
Remember Saturday is still *your* day, and my friend Shelley's husband came up with a brilliant write up for their website:
Mike Topel is crossing the Borderline to get Into The Groove. He's coming to celebrate JulieFest, as are all of Toronto's West Coast Swing dancers. It will be a day to Cherish, as is the woman whose birthday we're celebrating. Who's that Girl, it's Julie Epplett, and Mike is her gift to Toronto. If you don't know Mike, he's more than a Beautiful Stranger, and once you dance with him you'll Open Your Heart. He's True Blue even to the most Material Girl. I don't have to Justify My Love of Mike's dancing, see if for yourself... it's always in Vogue. Trust me, Mike is the best social dancer I've ever seen. Dance with him and you'll see he's Crazy For You as any leader should be. He knows What It Feels Like For A Girl, and his dancing will make you feel Like A Virgin. Follow your Lucky Star to JulieFest, catch the Fever and dance with one of North America's most amazing dancers.

I'm heading out to Vancouver and Seattle this week so will write to you next from the West Coast. Until then,

Julie


No comments: