Friday, March 28, 2008

My Newest Addiction

Dear Madonna,

I've become one of these people you see walking around, riding the subway, and sitting in Starbucks with white strings coming out of their ears. I'm listening to all my favourite music on a pretty pink iPod I bought for myself on Valentine's Day, and it's like crack! I still can't get over the quality of the sound and I love how it takes me into my own little world.

On the other hand - I've also downloaded the first four webcasts if Oprah's Monday night "classes" with Eckhart Tolle, where they are going through his book, A New Earth, chapter by chapter. In Chapter Two they talk about how people walk around wearing iPods are are not fully present and connected with their environment. In fact I was listening to that particular podcast as I was walking home from team rehearsal on Wednesday night. It's very cool that so many (2 million +?) around the world are taking part in the classes, but I guess I'm just not ready to be 'awakened'.

On top of that, it's Earth Hour tomorrow and I'm scheduled to deejay at a dance in Waterloo. Not likely that we're going to be turning off the lights and stopping the music....

Besides feeling a little out of step with the rest of the world things are going well as we get closer and closer to JulieFest. Rooms are still available at the Gladstone Hotel; I booked mine yesterday (hint, hint), and registrations are coming in every week.

I noticed when I was on iTunes this week that 'Hard Candy' is already a best seller, and it hasn't even been released yet! I guess all that free press about you and Guy is paying off - heh heh heh.

Until next time,
Julie

No comments: