Saturday, March 22, 2008

Accept All Invitations

Dear Madonna,

There's been a lot of talk lately about you and Guy leading separate lives. Girlfriend-to-girlfriend, if there is any truth to the rumours that you're splitting up I want to share some excellent advice from Canadian stand-up comic Sandra Shamus, and that is to "accept all invitations".

You may not feel like going out, and you're probably reluctant to do new things and meet new people but it will be sooooo good for you. That's why I think you really MUST come to JulieFest. Toronto will be such a great change of scenery and I'll introduce you to all my friends.....

One commentator speculated that all the talk about your rocky marriage is really just a publicity stunt in aid of getting your name in the press before the release of your new album next month. Well, if anyone knows how to manipulate the media you do!

In any case, I'm here. Even if you just want to talk.

Your friend,
Julie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Julie, I bet she comes! Who could resist the chance to meet all your friends and dance the weekend away. Keep me posted. Di