Friday, February 29, 2008

Bottoms up!

Dear Madonna,

Did you watch the Oscars? My girlfriend, Shelley, and I watched the Academy Awards red carpet coverage from a suite overlooking Niagara Falls. We even made it to the hotel's spa for pedis in the afternoon. Luxury!

While at the spa I picked up a copy of Men's Health and looked through it - for the articles only, of course - and discovered an interesting factoid about Cava. Apparently a Spanish scientific study has determined that drinking the Spanish bubbly on a regular basis reduces inflamation. "Like red wine, Cava has a significant amount of polyphenols, which have a strong anti-inflamatory effect on the body", thus reducing the risk of cancer, heart disease, Alzheimers, and arthritis.

I'm stocking up on Segura Viudas....and drinking to, and for, my health!

Sante,

Julie

No comments: