Friday, February 15, 2008

CavaGirl is Coming! CavaGirl is Coming!

Dear Madonna,

I think I told you that my friend, Cava Karen, is coming from England for JulieFest. Well I just got confirmation of her flight details today.

She and I met when I was living in Kuwait. We were both Hot Box Dancers in an amateur production of Guys and Dolls (you know, "Take back your mink, take back your pearls, what makes you think that I'm one of those girls?" - except that "pearls" was pronounced "poils", and girls, "goils").

Anyway, that was years ago now and we have a mutual friend, Slash who was also in the production. Bless his tone-deaf little heart, he had the only non-singing role. Slash loves Karaoke (naturally) and Karen has been urging me to urge him to come to JulieFest as well, but when I saw him last month in Houston he didn't seem that keen. Perhaps if you wrote to him, Madonna?

I went by the Gladstone Hotel last Sunday to drop off some JulieFest postcards with Adam, who's been helping me with the guestroom reservations. He was very impressed and gave them a place of honour at the front desk.

Gotta go. It's a work day and we have a long weekend ahead. Dianne is coming from Nova Scotia for a visit and I'm entertaining some of the "goils" on Sunday night.

By-the-way, the CavaGirl moniker might be a bit confusing. It started when Karen and I were in Barcelona for my 40th birthday. Not quite sure how or why but it was born somewhere amongst the Cava Bars of that city and my looking like you with your blonde Ray of Light curls was part of the story somehow.

TTFN
Julie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Which room has the Cava Girl chosen for the big night? Di needs to know.

Cava Girl said...

Depends on which CavaGirl you're talking about....CavaKaren, or CavaJulie?