Thursday, February 7, 2008

Madonna Day

Dear Madonna,

I picked up your Immaculate Collection CD yesterday at HMV (using the gift card Nick and Laura gave me for Christmas). I'll be sure to play a couple of songs off of it at the Toronto Swing Dance Society's dance tomorrow night.

About the Karaoke Kick-off Party...when I told my friend Dianne my idea she said her husband Shawn (the lead singer for The Dear Johns) would rather hit his head with a hammer. I feel exactly the same way about watching "Dancing with the Stars".

Anyway, I'm guessing, you probably won't want to join us at Noah's Ark on the Thursday night either, but it would be really cool if you could come to the Dovercourt on Saturday. I'm making it a tribute day to *you* and all the dance workshops have been inspired by your songs.

Vogue - body movement ("Let your body go with the flow...")

In the Groove - partnering skills ("...gonna dance with someone else")

Express Yourself - styling for both Leaders and Followers

Like a Virgin - beginner West Coast Swing ("...for the very first time")

Oh, and I'd better check with Shawn, but they may be okay with you singing a couple of songs with the Dear Johns on Sunday night at the Gladstone, as long as we give them the song titles in advance so they can practice. Just let me know.

One more thing, Larry Hough posted the demos of me dancing with Mike - from my 'Six Pillars' instructional DVD - on YouTube. Check them out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWn0zEJAG6c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRhBJLDLzEw

Ciao ciao,

Julie

No comments: