Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year, and Thank You!

Dear Madonna,

Thank you sooooo much for the Sticky & Sweet knuckleduster! It arrived in the mail yesterday in a rather non-descript box. I actually thought it was some kind of corporate swag (a logo'd memory stick or post-it notes). And there was no card - you should know. Perhaps some oversight by your peeps?
In any case I LOVE IT, and was waiving it around last night at Simon's New Year's Day Gospel Dance . Of course I can't actually wear it while dancing - that would be a bit dangerous - but I expect there will be opportunities in the New Year to flash a little M Icon bling.

So what did you do for the holidays? It must be a difficult time for you, considering the divorce and everything. There does seem to be so much pressure to have happy family experiences at this time of year. You wouldn't be alone in finding that a bit of a challenge.

I got to celebrate the Solstice with my brother, Andy and his girlfriend, Tara, in snowed-in Listowel, and had a wonderful time at Langdon Hall in London - you'd love the suite we had - with my friends Dianne and Louise, the night before Louise's simply lovely wedding to Art. New Year's Eve....well, I won't go into details here but suffice to say it will be remembered.

Out dancing again tonight. Just a couple more days until I'm back to my regular routine. Sigh.

All the best for 2009!

Julie

No comments: