Sunday, January 11, 2009

Size Matters

Dear Madonna,
I was successful yesterday in returning a couple of recent impulse purchases, exchanging them for smaller, more appropriate sizes: boots, that remind me a little of the Miu Miu boxer-esque boots that you wear in the 4 minutes video, and a piece of lingerie. (BTW - are you wearing leopard print boxer shorts? Cool!)

Both the boots and the lingerie were a bit too big from me and I felt fortunate that I was able to convince the retailers to take them back even though they'd been worn. I also recently acquired a beautiful - though oversized - leopard print coat which I'm going to have altered. And I took back a pair of black pants that were at least a size larger than I need....

You might be wondering why I keep buying things that don't fit. I've started to wonder, too, what it might mean subconsciously. Am I using these outer shells to somehow occupy more space in the world? Making myself feel larger and more significant, or even more present?

Luckily Santa has a very good idea what size I am ;-)

Ho ho ho.

Julie

No comments: