Thursday, May 1, 2008

Trashy Diva

Dear Madonna,

Just back from New Orleans. It was a good trip but I'm glad to get back to my own bed, and Zouk and Liza of course. (They're my cats and they really miss my lovin' when I'm away.)

The New Olreans trip was business, though I did fit in a night out dancing at Club Silouette in the suburb of Metarie hosted by local West Coast Swing pros Shawn and Kristen Moody.

I also managed to buy some souvenirs, mostly gifts. I read in a guidebook about a store in the French Quarter called "Trashy Diva" specializing in in clothing and handmade corsets. Woo-hoo! I bee-lined over there during one of our lunch breaks only to discover that they now only sell vintage-inspired ready-to-wear, and no lingerie. Oh well.

And, of course, I was nowhere near a record store on April 29th so will have to go out to HMV tomorrow to pick up my copy of Hard Candy.

Any word from Antonio, yet?

Miss Julie

1 comment:

The Pixy Princess said...

LOVE "4 minutes" - hope you will play it at the TSDS dance tonight!