Friday, April 25, 2008

Don't Cry for Me



Dear Madonna,

Do you know how I can get hold of Antonio Bandaras? I'd like to invite him to my party, too.

He knows a bit of Tango, doesn't he? From when you worked on Evita together? I'm soliciting some crossover West Coast Swing/Tango dancers to put on an informal demo on Madonna Day, for the Fabulous Floor Show. Getting Antonio to come would be a real coup! And there's a bit of birthday 'history' associated with him.....

When I went to Barcelona with Cava Girl Karen for my 40th birthday the plan was to hook up with an Antonio Bandaras look-alike for a bit of holiday fun. In the first two days that we were there, though, the only men we met seemed to be Moroccan gigolos, so I quickly dropped that idea and Karen and I carried on sight-seeing and going to the Cava Bars without paying much attention to the guys who were paying attention to us. You must know how that is.

Another question, and this one from Beverley who *may* help out with the Tango demo if I come up with a song she likes, and that is: What's your favourite Tango song? Do you go for the traditional stuff or are you drawn (like I am) to the "alt" or electronic Tango music?

Last weekend we were in Buffalo for dance workshops with an instructor from California, Michael Kielbasa. He danced with one of the local Buffalo instructors (and fabulous Follower), Marta, to "4 Minutes". So cool! I really hope the song finds its way onto the West Coast circuit. Actually, I'm hoping that there will be other cuts from Hard Candy that will be suitable for dancing West Coast. Can hardly wait....

Only 4 Minutes to Save the World...and only 4 Days until the album hits stores!

"All through my wild days, my mad existence..."

Julie

No comments: