Friday, April 18, 2008

On The Cover Of....


Dear Madonna,

Picked up the new Vanity Fair and Elle magazines last week. You are hot, hot, HOT! I love what you're wearing in both: all lingerie/athletic wear in VF (with those boots!), and a definite nod to Catherine Deneuve in Elle...plus fedora and fishnets...yum! Oh - and I like the patent leather bra, too, but when you come to Toronto I'll take you to Northbound Leather; I think you'll really dig their stuff.

Well, we're just a month away from JulieFest and I still have tons to do but things really are falling in place. I had some rehearsals last week, setting the choreography for a couple of pieces we're doing Saturday night....as part of our tribute to you, Madonna, so I hope you can make it.

The Gladstone Hotel has added "The Dear Johns Day" to their on-line event listing: http://www.gladstonehotel.com/events/day.cfm?d=2008/05/18. I really hope we get a mention in their print newsletter, the Glad Bag, as well.
Cool coincidence: The Gladstone features art shows in its public spaces and concurrent with my event there's a photo exhibit Elvis impersonators from a big annual Elvis weekend that takes place north of Toronto each year. Are you an Elvis fan, Madonna?
Anyway, gotta go. I'll write again next week, and then the week after that I'll be attending a conference in New Orleans. That's where I'll be on the on the 29th, when Hard Candy comes out. I want the real CD, though I'll probably download it to my iPod anyway.

BTW - did I hear '4 minutes' on a shampoo commercial?
Ciao ciao,
Julie

No comments: