Monday, May 7, 2012

House of Cards

Dear Madonna,

I do love the show, House, starring Hugh Laurie, now in its last season. In fact I have a huge crush on the British actor, having watched him interviewed on Inside the Actor's Studio. He's intelligent, funny, talented, - and hot. He also looks a bit like Jeff.

The actor who plays his much-abused friend, Wilson, reminds me so much of my late brother Mike.  Just his looks, but I've enjoyed watching him and feeling in some weird way like I'm connecting to Mike. Wilson is a cancer doc, and the plot for his end-game is his own personal battle with the Big C.

So, there's this superficial attachment I have with these make-believe characters, but they deal with real life stuff. And real death stuff.

And it all comes tumbling down.














No comments: