Friday, February 10, 2012

BEST LAST DANCE OF THE NIGHT *EVER*

Dear Madonna,

I went out dancing "in the wild" last night. It was a crazy day, with a site inspection at the new Toronto Trump (pretty shnazzy), a long-overdue rehearsal with my Masters partner, Larry (he's come up with some great changes to our routine), and then meeting up with another client/friend a the Bier Markt on the Esplanade.

I chose the place based on some pressure from one my dance pal's Nick, who organizes these dance outings in clubs where there are bands playing the kind of music we like to dance to. The space for dancing is usually somewhat limited, and encumbered by obstacles: free-styling dancers (sometimes with drinks in their hands), servers carrying trays dodging in and out....

Anyway, I went last night and stayed WAY longer than I'd planned. In fact I changed out of my dance shoes into my boots and back again *twice* when songs came on that I couldn't resist dancing to. Then, when we were finally leaving for the night, and I had my boots and jacket on, the band started the first strains of "Like a Prayer".  Nick grabbed me, and started to dance me ALL OVER the dance floor - between tables in every direction - avoiding patrons and servers, and really, really dancing to the music (as Nick does so well). It was AWESOME!!

Speaking of "awesome" - I just saw that you've added a second show in Toronto. Congrats on the brisk ticket sales. Looks like it's going to be an awesome tour.

Julie

No comments: