Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In Praise of GWPs

Dear Madonna,

I lost my purse last night. Or it was stolen. The latter still makes me sick to my stomach so I'm trying not to think about it. In addition to my phone, credit and bank cards, etc. I realized this morning that most of my make-up is gone. This just added insult to injury since, as a red-head, I don't normally leave my condo without mascara.

I happened to remember seeing an ad in the weekend Globe about a Lancome's Gift With Purchase offer at The Bay. Arriving at the cosmetic counter wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses I told the sales clerk what had happened. A lovely Asian woman of indeterminate age, she was genuinely sympathetic and helpful in helping me make my selections, and insisted I get the *red* make-up bag to bring positive energy into my life. At the end of our transaction she gave me a big hug and said that everything was going to be alright.

I believe her.

1 comment:

Cava Girl said...

Update: my purse and all its contents (including credit cards, ID, and phone) were recovered! It showed up exactly where I had left it . Thank you to everyone for your concern.