Friday, October 29, 2010

Hard Candy

Dear Madonna,

I was (appropriately) working out when I saw on the news channel that you're opening your own chain of gymnasia: Hard Candy Fitness. Love it!  And the first one will be in Mexico City?  Any plans to come to Canada? Although I'm very loyal to my gym, Christine's....

That album cover reminds me of something that happened this past summer. I was boarding my plane back from a dance event in Kansas City - where I cleaned up, by the way - when I saw someone carrying one of those prize-fighting belts you're wearing. Turns out this guy, a very attractive man in his 50's, had just wone some big Masters amateur boxing title. I piped up that I had won a "Masters" title in dancing!  We talked a bit about our day jobs, and he asked me for my card. I was thinking - hoping, actually - that we may end up doing a few rounds on the mat, but his assistant called the next week to ask about booking meetings.

Bummer.


Julie

No comments: