Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thanks, Madge!

Dear Madonna,

We just finished our Thanksgiving weekend - yes, it's earlier than the American Thankgsiving due our northern climate and earlier harvest. It's not quite as big a deal here, although most people do get together with family for turkey dinner. I didn't. I took on a long-planned painting project during the three days off, and went out dancing every night.

And then last night I joined my old friend Barb in her new home. Not old as in ancient - she's our age - but old as in I've known her for more than half my life. Barb just bought a house with a lovely backyard in the west end of the city. We sat in her vaulted-ceiling dining room on elephant hide (don't ask) chairs, drinking Cava, and she made an interesting comment about YOU. She said that you've done "us" a big favour letting the world know how hot 50-year-old women can be.

So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'd just like to show our appreciation.

With gratitude,

Julie

No comments: