Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mi Casa Es Una Casita

Dear Madonna,

Greetings from the Hilton Pointe at Squaw Peak in Phoenix, Arizona. The Meat and I are nicely ensconced in a bi-level Casita and had a productive rehearsal this afternoon in one of the breakout rooms reserved for Private lessons. The ending still needs work, but it's getting there.

I started my day with a Zumba class and a bit of lifting at the gorgeous fitness facility/spa here at the resort, and went back this evening to get a $15 manicure and margarita. (OPI's "Meet Me at the Star Ferry, in case you wanted to know.)

The Meat's girlfriend, Summer, just arrived - quite unexpectedly; a wonderful surprise for both of us. He's been whining about wanting a massage....  So I guess I'm sleeping on the pull-out couch downstairs tonight - which fine by me; I'll probably stay up much later dancing tonight anyway.

Yesterday I put my hotel hat on for a couple of hours and did site inspections of this hotel, its sister property, The Pointe at Tapatio, and The Different Pointe of View, a stunning Four Diamond restaurant - newly renovated - overlooking the entire valley. Hence the generous upgrade to this lovely Casita (plus cheese plate and bottle of Canyon Road Merlot.)

I love my job.

Julie

No comments: