Sunday, November 1, 2009

Not Just for Kids

Dear Madonna,

Thanks so much for filling on on Friday night. It was so great that you could get away from all your charitable deeds in Malawi long enough to teach a West Coast Swing lesson and deejay at the Toronto Swing Dance Society's Halloween Dance.

Don't you love Halloween? There's no other time of the year where you can walk around wearing - quite literally - whatever you want. I can't believe that for so many years I didn't take advantage of this opportunity, especially since playing dress-up was such a favourite game as a child. I vividly remember some of the items in the dress-up box:
  • My mother's pale pink wedding dress and matching pink open-toed sling-backs
  • A blue velvet dress with white maribou collar (which eventually detached and could be used with other outfits)
  • A black off-the-shoulder top that my mother told me was part of a Halloween costume she wore, as a Beatnik
  • Silver and clear plexiglass Cinderella slippers!
What else do I like about Halloween? Dancing with a fireman, a cross dresser, a pirate, a super hero and Satan himself - all in one night :)

Julie

No comments: